You will need an English translation of your diploma documents in order to apply to universities abroad. (If you need an English translation of the Transcript of Records you can order it through the Student Portal)
Graduation before fall semester 2013 (HS13)
- Please undertake the translation yourself using our templates at the bottom of the page.
- In terms of content, the translation must correspond exactly with the German diploma documents. The order in which all modules are listed must also be observed.
- Please send the translations and the scanned originals by e-mail to the Service Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will check and certify the transcripts.
Graduation after fall semester 2013 (HS13)
- If you own an English Academic Record: Please contact directly Student Services to authenticate your diploma.
- If your Academic Record is not translated and in German, please refer to the procedure above "Graduation before fall semester 2013 (HS13)".
In order to provide you with the best possible support, we rely on the following information, which you should send to email@example.com:
- Which documents should be authenticated? Please send us all original documents and your translation by e-mail.
- How many copies do you need?
- Do the documents have to be sealed?
- To which address should the documents be sent? We can send them to you or directly to the foreign university.
Verify with the institution abroad what their requirements are. An application portfolio may contain the following documents:
Master of Law/Bachelor of Law
|Transcript of Records||German and English|
|Academic Record (all pages)||German and English|
|Diploma||German and English|
|Diploma Supplement (all pages)||German and English|
|Statement of grades||German and English|
|Diploma certificate||German and English|
|Ranking (issued by us on request)||German and English|
Documents relating to Doctoral degrees will be included with the appropriate application portfolio.
Fees (amounts in CHF):
Transcript application portfolio three copies (no charge)
Transcript application portfolio, from fourth copy onward (per portfolio)
If you require replacement diploma documents due to loss or damage to the originals, please apply directly to the Student Administration Office of the University of Zurich.