Planning your Exchange Semester

General Information about Studying at the University of Zurich

Are you looking for general information about studying at UZH? The website of the International Relations Office UZH provides a good overview and a selection of helpful links.

Planning your Exchange Semester

Contact your home university to find out more about existing cooperation agreements with the University of Zurich. If such an agreement exists, your exchange will be easier from an administrative perspective.

The following options are available amongst others:

  • SEMP (Swiss-European-Mobility-Program, formerly ERASMUS)
  • Faculty Agreement
  • University-wide agreement
  • Swiss Mobility Program (CH-Unimobil)

The website of the International Relations Office provides an overview of the international exchange programs and partner faculties of the UZH.

Application for an exchange via a Faculty Agreement

Information on applying via an existing Faculty Agreement between the Faculty of Law UZH and your home university can be found here.

No Existing Agreement?

If your home university does not have a program or agreement with the UZH or our faculty, you also have the option of organizing your stay with us independently as a visiting student. Information on self-organized exchanges at the UZH can be found on the website of the Admissions Office UZH.

Please note, that the Admissions Office UZH is responsible for guest students.

Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists

The Swiss government awards postgraduate scholarships to foreign researchers through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).

For detailed information on the application procedure and requirements please visit the website of the SERI (State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation).
Applicants should complete the form on the right hand side and submit it together with the requested attachments to the e-mail-address provided on the form.