Application Procedure for an Exchange via a Faculty Agreement
In order to apply for the exchange program, you must be selected by your home university. Please contact the International Relations Office at your university for information about their application procedure. After you have been selected by your university, you will receive an email with the link to the online application form. You will receive the login for the database in due time. Please fill in the form and upload the following required application documents to Mobility Online in English or German:
- CV or resumé
- Letter of motivation (1 page maximum in A4)
- Proof of registration at your home university
- Current transcripts
- Language Certificate (if available)
- Bachelor of Law diploma (if available)
- 1 passport-sized photo
- A copy of your passport (page with identification information)
- Visa application form (if you need a visa for your stay in Switzerland).
- Tentative course list (at least 6 ECTS Credits per semester; use the online course catalogue as a reference and download the template below "Study Plan"):
Please note that you can submit these documents in PDF format only.
Your home university carries out the initial selection and sends the nominated students' files to the exchange coordinator at the Faculty of Law and the International Relations Office of the University of Zurich. If you are accepted as an exchange student by the Faculty of Law UZH, you will receive a confirmation letter and further information on studying at the University of Zurich from the International Relations Office UZH.
The complete application documents must be uploaded to Mobility Online by March 30 (for an exchange starting in the fall semester or for a full academic year) or September 30 (for an exchange starting in the spring semester) at the latest.